Tap into the Power of Social Media
Start the conversation in your community by using social media. You can participate in social media to share and promote your positive messages about public education. Successful social media initiatives:
- Are focused and have a clear message or requested action;
- Are engaging and will encourage others to connect and share;
- Stand out from the crowd with a unique, relevant, and powerful message that will draw attention; and
- Share your personal story and passion.
Also consider adding images when posting a message on social media: Photos, graphics, and videos help highlight your message.
A message posted on social media can be very powerful and can quickly go viral. Just think…
If you have 300 friends and if each of your friends shares your message with their 300 friends, it is possible for your message to be viewed by 90,000 individuals within a matter of hours!
Connect with Stand Up 4 Public Schools
It is important you let your friends, family, community members, and professional colleagues know that you are standing up for public education and encourage them to do the same.
Use these four simple action steps to get the word out about Stand Up 4 Public Schools:
1. Follow @4PublicSchools on Twitter and tweet this message right now:
I am standing up @4publicschools as every child deserves a world-class #education http://standup4publicschools.org
2. “Like” us on Facebook and post this message:
I am standing for our public schools! https://www.facebook.com/standup4publicschools
3. Change your Facebook and Twitter profile photo to highlight your commitment for standing up for public schools:
Additionally, utilize blogs, post videos, and promote on other popular social media networks to spread the word about the ways in which you are taking a stand for public schools.